How to move sexual energy for overall wellness
You have an energetic body that is quite powerful. Your energetic body includes energy wheels, also known as chakras, which help keep the energy moving for a balanced energetic world.
In most energy practices, there are seven main chakras that are in the center of the body. They are:
- First, root chakra is at the base of your pelvis, your perineum.
- Second is your sacral chakra or sexual energy chakra which sits about two inches below your navel.
- Third chakra is at the solar plexus, right where your rib cage meets at your sternum.
- Fourth and middle chakra is your heart chakra in the middle of your chest.
- Fifth chakra is the throat chakra which is in the center of the neck.
- Sixth chakra is the third eye which is right between your eyebrows.
- Seventh chakra is at the top of your head, or the crown.
Each chakra represents specific emotions, states of being, and color. You can work with these energy wheels to move stuck energy in any part of your body.
Key to Embodiment
One of the five foundations of embodiment is energy. We are all made of energy. It’s the unseen space that surrounds our physical body and moves inside our inner body.
One of the main aspects of energy is that energy follows attention. Your attention or imagination is a powerful tool to move your energy into space you can feel but not necessarily see. Imagining your energy moving is a powerful practice and gets you deeper into your body.
Ultimate Creative Energy
Your sexual energy is your ultimate creative energy. It’s what you feel when you’re in the state of flow, arousal, or bliss. This energy can be used to help clear blocks in your energy wheels, which keep you balanced and feeling healthy. Remember, sexual energy is always with you, it is not limited to when you’re engaging in the physical act of sex.
Two ways to move your sexual energy
- Work with your breath - When feeling your sexual energy activated, you can use your breath to move it through your body. One way to do this is to take a big inhale and hold for 3 seconds before releasing your exhale as slowly as possible. While releasing your exhale, imagine a red- gold ball of light move from your pelvis up into your abdomen, then into your spine and up your body until it reaches the top of your head. As you continue to breathe, imagine the ball moving down your body from the top of your head to your feet. Slowing down your breath allows you to bring focus into your energetic world therefore controlling how the energy moves.
- Feminine Movement - Another great tool to move your sexual energy is by physically moving your body. Energy moves as your physical body moves. Making circles or “figure 8” shapes with your pelvis can help activate the energy, then allowing it to move up your spine through lifting your arms and reaching up toward the sky. You can also use side to side movements to help the energy not only flow up and down but more in a full 360 diameter.
Your sexual energy is a powerful energy, and when you work with it, it can create longer periods of pleasure, arousal, and creativity. This energy is not only activated with the act of sex but can be activated and transformed when creating. It’s a potent way to get into your body and connect with your authentic sensuality.
For more information on conscious sexuality, embodiment, and awakening, visit moniquegomez.com. When you’re there, make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss freebies, insight, and overall love I don’t get to share anywhere else.
Stay curious, my friend.